We share half of our profits with the Festival charity and in return they help us to promote the Festival to their supporters, supply volunteers to sell raffle tickets through the week and find some auction prizes, events or perhaps famous faces that they have contact with.
Here are the criteria we use to choose our charity. They must:
- be local;
- be large enough to help – patrons/prizes/sponsorship/events
- be small enough to care (an annual fundraising target of about £100,000);
- directly deliver, not through a third party;
- be easy to explain to people;
- family and/or child focused.
If you would like to apply to be our charity in the future, please do contact us using the contact form on the right of this page or the email address in the footer. We would love to hear from you!
We usually start to look at charity applications about 1 year before the next Festival.